Charles Strachan recognise it is a daunting experience when facing any type of criminal charge. We have a range of experienced lawyers in our Criminal Defence Department, covering all aspects of advice, assistance and legal representation. Whether it be representation at a police station, or at a Crown Court trial, we have dedicated experts with a wealth of knowledge who can assist you.
Our team is headed by Managing Director Adrian Bryant, who is a specialist criminal defence lawyer in relation to serious crime. He is supported by a team across all three offices, comprising of police station accredited representatives, as well as experienced lawyers, who have Higher Rights of Audience in the Crown Court and are accredited members of The Law Society Criminal Litigation Panel.
Police Station Advice
It is your right to receive free legal advice at a Police Station, even if you have not been arrested. We offer free legal advice and are duty solicitors on local court schemes. In the event of an emergency, if you are arrested, telephone us on 0121 704 3311 which operates 24 hours, 7 days a week.
No matter how minor or complex the offence is, we are here to help you. Some examples include Assault, Drug offences, Fraud, Money Laundering, Manslaughter, Murder, People Trafficking, Robbery, Shoplifting, Road Traffic Offences, Sexual Abuse Offences and Terrorism. Our team are also able to conduct very high cost cases in relation to serious crime. Whatever it may be, our team is ready to assist. Please see our List of Offences.
Motoring Offences Fees
For matters appearing at Birmingham, Coventry, Redditch, Worcester, and Kidderminster Magistrates’ Courts, Charles Strachan’s fees and general timescales are as follows:
- Attendance at first hearing to deal with plea, venue, case management for trial, sending to Crown Court and sentence on guilty plea concluded that day – £350 plus VAT – 1 day
- Standard special reasons argument or exceptional hardship argument – £1000 plus VAT – between 6 to 12 weeks from first hearing to final hearing
- Standard magistrates court trial on summary only matter – £1500 plus VAT – between 6 to 12 weeks from first hearing to final hearing
- Standard magistrates court trial on either way matter – £1800 plus VAT – between 6 to 12 weeks from first hearing to final hearing
- Additional fee for guilty plea adjourned for sentence – £150 plus VAT – between 1 to 21 days
- Non standard special reasons, exceptional hardship arguments and trials charged between £180 to £220 per hour depending on seniority of the solicitor with conduct of the case – between 6 to 12 weeks from first hearing to final hearing
- Crown Court sentence or appeal against sentence from magistrates court – £350 plus VAT – between 28 to 56 days for sentence from date of first hearing in magistrates court. Between 4 – 6 months for appeal against sentence from date of sentence in magistrates’ court
- Crown Court trial based on hourly rate for preparation, counsels fee to be determined separately and the timescale will vary.
- Any matter not covered as above, fees are to be agreed. Timescale will depend on the actual matter.
For the above matters at any other court within the West Midlands, an additional charge to cover travel of £100 per hearing.
For the above matters at any other court outside the West Midlands, additional travel fee is to be agreed.
Please contact us on 0121 704 3311 or email@example.com should you require further information.
Charles Strachan offer legal aid in relation to criminal cases, subject to eligibility. Get in touch to see if you qualify for legal aid.
Emergency And Out Of Hours
Our telephone number is operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call us on 0121 704 3311.